Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Art of Travel Blogging

So many people say they will blog but once they begin their trip they fall prey to all the excitement of traveling and allow their blog to be an online ghost town.

Sometimes this can be chalked up to not having access to a laptop or computer.

When I decided it wouldn't be a good idea to take my laptop on a backpacking trip, I knew I would have to rely on my iPod for blogging.

Google's Blogger (host of this blog) has a simple method for blogging called Mail2Blogger. The problem is Apple's iPod won't allow for rich text in Mail.

Without rich text, you can't have bold words, lists or hyperlinks.

But a cool little (free) app called Markdown Composer lets you incorporate HTML in an e-mail, which you can then use with Mail2Blogger.

If you're a blogger using an iPod or iPhone and are looking to enhance your mobile posts, give Mail2Blogger and Markdown Composer a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment